Sunday, March 14, 2010

Please Don't Be Offended...

Please don't be offended that I'm not Pentecostal, or that I'm not Baptist. Please forgive me for not subscribing to the Mennonite faith. It is not an affront to you that I prefer not to take part in celebrations with a large amount of speaking in tongues, or that I express my joy in YHWH by dancing or singing for Him. Please dear brother or sister, don't be saddened by the fact that I choose to cover my head: it is a blessing to me, as I believe Yah intended for it to be. Don't let it wound you, likewise, that I don't dress plain, but choose to dress in a modest way which is still pleasing to my husband.

The truth, dear believer, is that my faith has nothing to do with you. I didn't choose this path because of something you said or didn't say. While your prayers are greatly appreciated, they aren't going to cause me to turn my back on what I believe is Truth: I will not stray from the narrow path that I've set out on now.

I am still learning from my sisters -- and I do not seek to teach the men. I am disinclined to tell you what you must do or must believe. I trust that YHWH leads all of us as He has led me. I am happy to talk about what I believe with anyone who has an open mind, and of course I plan to be blogging about it a good deal more as time goes on.

It has been a beautiful, wonderful day today. Darling Dinky was on her best behavior for most of the day, and Dear Husband did his fair share of going out of his way to be kind (including cooking a yummy supper for us!). I am so truly blessed to have the two of them in my life, and they are an enormous motivation to be right before YHWH: I want to set that example for my daughter and to set ourselves apart too.

Praises be to our Elohim!

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment